I'm Lucy from Lucy's Stash. I’ve been asked by lovely Kayla to write a guest for her and I was more than happy to do that. I’ve been Kayla’s followers for at least couple of years now and I love her swatches and all the nail art she does.
I have decided to share with you one of my old tape manicures inspired by Nailside’s Explosion design.
If you’d like to recreate this manicure follow these steps:
1. Prepare the tape – cut triangles in desirable angles. I like to use masking tape or matte half-transparent white plastic tape.
2. Paint your nails with base colour (purple), apply topcoat and let it dry completely.
3. Place the tape pieces on the nail in the ‘explosion’ shape. Make sure tape sticks to the nail properly.
4. Paint over the taped area with nail polish (gold) and remove the tape pieces one by one. Let it dry properly.
5. Place the tape pieces on the nail again in the same shape covering the previous nail polish (gold) partly. Then apply nail polish (black) over the uncovered area again and remove the tape. Finish with topcoat.
I have used Jessica Foxy Roxy, China Glaze Passion and A-England Camelot.