Get your creative hats on because it's time for another Nails by Kayla Shevonne Nail Art Contest!
I hosted a nail art contest last year and I saw so much creativity and talent that I just couldn't wait to host another! Last year's contest was a way to celebrate a milestone, but this year I'm hosting one just because I want to. It's that simple! Plus, I thought this would be more fun and interactive than just a plain giveaway. :)
The theme this time around is pretty simple: indie polish! In an effort to support all of the lovely indie polish makers out there, I thought it would be super fun to see a bunch of manicures in one place - all created using indie polishes! So basically, create a nail art design using one or more indie polishes. And in keeping with the theme, all of the prizes are indie polishes or gift certificates to popular indie polish shops!
Let's lay down the rules and all that and then you can run to your indie drawer for inspiration!
- Only one entry per person.
- Your design can be absolutely anything you like, but it must include one or more "indie polishes" in order to meet the requirements of the theme. The definition of "indie polish" is becoming more and more muddled, but I'm really just looking for any polish/polish company that is independently owned/operated. For the most part, this means hand-mixed polishes, but there are some brands that are not hand-mixed that would still be acceptable (for example, Cult Nails).
- Your may also use mainstream nail polish brands to round out your design, but try to make the indies the star.
- The design must be done by you, on your own nails.
- Stamping is prohibited, as is the use of any decals, stickers, fimo slices or acrylic paint. You can however make use of certain nail art decorations such as rhinestones, studs and bouillon beads.
- You can use any nail art tools at your disposal to create your design. That includes nail art brushes, dotting tools, the polish brushes themselves, etc.
- Your design does not have to be a new one, but I strongly encourage you to get inspired by the theme and try to create a new design.
- You must submit your design by using the Inlinkz tool at the end of this post.
- Entries will be accepted up until 11:59PM (NDT) on the evening of April 30, 2013.
- This contest is open internationally.
Entries will be judged by myself and a small panel of judges that I have chosen. Your entries will be judged based on creativity, execution, uniqueness and of course, adherence to the theme.
HOW TO USE THE INLINKZ TOOL:
If you've never used the Inlinkz tool, here's a quick and easy rundown of how to enter your submission. After you've taken photos of your design, upload them to your own blog and add the post link in the URL section of the Inlinkz tool. If you do not have a blog, you'll still need to upload your photos online so that you have a URL to use in your entry. You can do this by using any free photo hosting site such as Photobucket or Flickr. Then, click the add button and simply fill in all of the required fields to submit your entry.
Note: Please make sure that the URL you submit is the link to the specific post with your contest entry, not just your blog's home page.
Here's the most exciting part! There will be 3 winners from this contest!
The first place winner will get their choice of three prizes, the second place winner will get to choose between the remaining two prizes and the third place winner will receive the final prize. So what are the prizes, you ask?
One winner will receive the entire Dollish Polish Big Bang Theory Collection! The polishes include BAZINGA!, Coitus, I'm Not Crazy...My Mother Had Me Tested and Penny...Penny...Penny. I showed you swatches of this collection here.
Another winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to their choice between Ninja Polish OR Harlow & Co. (both are awesome shops, which one you choose will really just depend on where you live/what brands you're looking to purchase).
On top of that, they will also receive a custom made polish by none other than Michelle from Sonoma Nail Art!
The third and final winner will receive whichever $25 gift certificate is left, to either Ninja Polish OR Harlow & Co.!
I think all three prizes are awesome and the three winners will definitely be very happy.
So that's all the info you should need! If you have any other questions, leave a comment below.